Organization of the cooperative
Our cooperative members determine our path. There are various participatory events throughout the year and we hold the annual general assembly for our members in early summer. Every natural and legal person is free to apply for membership (Become a member). The membership is independent of whether you live in an apartment of the Cooperative or not. The apartments of the Kalkbreite Cooperative are rented exclusively to members (as of October 31, 2018, over 1900 members). The basic principles of the cooperative are laid down in the various documents and regulations.
The General Assembly is the highest decision-making body of the cooperative. It is open to all members and is convened at least once a year by the Executive Board. It elects the committees, relieves the Executive Board, approves the annual report, decides on new investments and projects and approves changes to the statutes.
The Executive Board manages the cooperative and defines its strategic orientation. It deals with strategic issues such as the financing of construction projects and external networking. The board keeps a watchful eye on all current business transactions that are implemented at the operational level.
The Managing Directors head the office and are the central link to the Executive Board.
Shared email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following standing commissions are currently active:
For the whole cooperative
- An ombuds office that deals with internal conflicts.
- A Solidarity Fund Commission, which decides on the allocation of the money of the fund.
- Beatrice Rinderknecht
- Regina Bruttin
- Martin Lassner
- Contact Solidarity Fund Commission: email@example.com
Kalkbreite residential and commercial building
- A rental commission, which takes care of tendering and allocation of the apartments
- Evelyne Mäder
- Laura Hürlimann
- Rolf Jucker
- Susanne Müller
- Urs Bachmann
- Stefan Salzmann (substitute member)
- The general council, the monthly house meeting of the residents and commercial tenants
- Contact general council coordination: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A building commission (Bauko), which decides on issues relating to the construction project.
- Martin Schmid (Leitung)
- Jonathan Kischkel
- Reto Tischhauser
- Katharina Franken
- Contact via Andreas Billeter, project leader construction Zollhaus: email@example.com
- Different working groups on certain forms of renting (such as, hall apartments, community housing for the elderly, mixed living for the elderly, etc.)
- An initial letting commission for the apartments around Zollhaus is being planned