Organization of the cooperative
Our cooperative members determine our path. There are various participatory events throughout the year and we hold the annual general assembly for our members in early summer. Every natural and legal person is free to apply for membership (Become a member). The membership is independent of whether you live in an apartment of the Cooperative or not. The apartments of the Kalkbreite Cooperative are rented exclusively to members (as of October 31, 2018, over 1900 members). The basic principles of the cooperative are laid down in the various documents and regulations.
The General Assembly is the highest decision-making body of the cooperative. It is open to all members and is convened at least once a year by the Executive Board. It elects the committees, relieves the Executive Board, approves the annual report, decides on new investments and projects and approves changes to the statutes.
The Executive Board manages the cooperative and defines its strategic orientation. It deals with strategic issues such as the financing of construction projects and external networking. The board keeps a watchful eye on all current business transactions that are implemented at the operational level.
Aktueller Vorstand (2018), v.l.n.r. oben: Tony Nüscheler, Ruth Gurny (Präsidentin), Jonathan Kischkel, Stefan Salzmann, Michael Mettler, unten: Christine Wittlin, Rahel El-Maawi, Rainer Thalmann (Delegierter Stadt Zürich).
The Executive Board consists of a maximum of seven elected members. The city of Zurich appoints another member. The other members of the Executive Board are elected by the General Meeting for a term of two years and can be re-elected. In the interest of continuous renewal, we have imposed an informal eight-year term of office. The Executive Board appoints commissions and defines their tasks.
Current departmental distribution:
Financial department: Tony Nüscheler and Rainer Thalmann
Department of Human Resources: Ruth Gurny and Tony Nüscheler
Department of residents and participation: Stefan Salzmann and Rahel El-Maawi
Developmental department: Michael Mettler and Jonathan Kischkel
Department of Ecology: Rainer Thalmann and Michael Mettler
Department of Project Innovation: Rahel El-Maawi and Jonathan Kischkel
Presidency: Ruth Gurny and Tony Nüscheler
The Managing Directors head the office and are the central link to the Executive Board.
Shared email address: email@example.com
The following standing commissions are currently active:
For the whole cooperative
- An ombuds office that deals with internal conflicts.
- A Solidarity Fund Commission, which decides on the allocation of the money of the fund.
- Martin Lassner
- Cornelia Maria Zimmermann (ad interim)
Kalkbreite residential and commercial building
- A rental commission, which takes care of tendering and allocation of the apartments
- Evelyne Mäder
- Laura Hürlimann
- Rolf Jucker
- Susanne Müller
- Urs Bachmann
- Stefan Salzmann (substitute member)
- The general council, the monthly house meeting of the residents and commercial tenants
- Contact general council coordination: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A building commission (Bauko), which decides on issues relating to the construction project.
- Martin Schmid (Leitung)
- Jonathan Kischkel
- Reto Tischhauser
- Katharina Franken
- Contact via Andreas Billeter, project leader construction Zollhaus: email@example.com
- Different working groups on certain forms of renting (such as, hall apartments, community housing for the elderly, mixed living for the elderly, etc.)
- An initial letting commission for the apartments around Zollhaus is being planned